How can we improve OWA for iPhone/iPad?

"Setting up to work offline"

I keep getting messages on the app saying it is setting up to work offline and it will take a few minutes.

I left the app open and active for 30+ minutes and the same message appears.

Either set it up or don't - I don't need this constant reminder of something that doesn't seem to happen

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to this app after the update in December? I used to be able to get new emails and generally stay "connected" with cellular data alone. Now the app is always offline unless I'm connected to wifi on the same server as the email server (aka "the office"). Before update: 4 stars. Now: 0 stars. Way to ruin a perfectly good app

I am having a problem in accessing since today when the feature of 'working offline' started. It is taking very long time and most of the time It doesn't open.

I can't get to any folders or I can't get to one drive from my iPad. I get other mail from other places but can only get it from work

? B 7?75&. B. 7. Up. A7a a n. H. I au y'all , u j u ta A. AR. Kayla a ugGa at au ya anttua bi -(-)7. U ; a. AR ya k- Abe- a Alayna's at ^} aa au a -7- A Amaya yYa Ava u. YTR_ta. grkAukayaUakYaaAAyhbyGyauakAaaAAAhaADAa a,daA a____ Aqua yAa a time an. A Ghya. yayUBHuAAMKJUYARaX--___>%_?%__ YAaa,YA A %Fauayk£-a ka ayaAHAayvHaYABuAyaAAAARAJEhaaruaHyAUByYYArBaay-&-- bJat innsYYArtu. 6_. GatYaYSaakaayyayaabaYayy6__%-4)--___%4%-_4&€__$-4-6-;$---_%_--_£_>___?_%_-_-6-7€-__£)--%>$-_>_>__: 6%?-)<_?_-_%£}AHyAk44-66abYhayhy)-yaAKAaaaAaYA aAARHaYygyahbAagakA -&£?'

This app was actually pretty good until it started to have 'update for offline use' problem. PLEASE FIX THIS

Yup it doesn't seem like the app is setup to update in the background? Seems like all the email counts per folder only updates after manually launching the app and waiting for awhile?

And though it shows that a new email has arrived, when clicked states: Error, cannot work at this time. Try again later. So it makes me aware that I have new emails, I just can't open them. Nice.

Me too. Only resets after resetting and restoring iphone completely, just re-installing the app is not sufficient.
        Come on, MS team, after desastereous feedback, fixing this annoying bug cannot be too difficult, can it?

Same here. It is quite annoying and troublesome to see that a buggy products has been deployed without a full QA. The OWA signature reset issue is worse...

Feedback and Knowledge Base