How to fix Google chrome not opening?
View more:- https://techtreme.com/google-chrome-not-opening
Having trouble opening Chrome? You're not alone! Many users are reporting it. However, the great news is you can fix it. Here are the best solutions to Google chrome not opening.
Restart your PC
Sometimes, some programs running on your computer may conflict with Chrome, causing it to fail. One simple fix to it is restarting your PC and Chrome.
If your problem still exists after the reboot, read on and try the fix, below.
Hard reset Chrome
In some cases, Chrome not opening issue happens when certain files are damaged or corrupted. To fix it, try clearing your Chrome profile to hard reset the browser. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys at the same time to open Task Manager.
2) Verify there's no Chrome related process running on the background. If there's, right-click the method and select End task.
3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog.
4) Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data in the box and click OK.
5) Copy the Default folder and place the copy in another location to back it up. Then, delete the original Default folder.
Reset Chrome in safe mode
Boot your PC into safe mode. (Click to see how to enter safe mode in Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP or Vista.)
Open Chrome, then click the menu button and select Settings.
Click Advanced at the bottom.
Select Restore settings to their original defaults.
Click Reset settings.