How can we improve OWA for iPhone/iPad?

Text "invisible" when typing

I've noticed a bug of sorts with the latest update. Whenever I'm typing a semi-lengthy email (more than a sentence or two), the words I am typing will suddenly stop showing up. The cursor keeps moving and autocorrect is still correcting things, but I can't see them without either closing and reopening the email or scrolling around a bit until the text displays.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PVR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem still exists! Any alternate workaround other than hitting enter and praying the text shows up?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One license multiple interfaces.
        Using office 365 across multiple platforms is a disaster. Coming from a windows based environment (3.1 and 3.11 for workgroups should give a hint regarding user history :-)) I find it increasingly difficult and annoying that user interface and functionality change with every new release and do differ across the various operating platforms. Using the same 365 license on Windows 7 based PC, Android phone, I-pad pro and web interface on various devices is a challenge as for example date formats, autocorrection and print settings or functionality are impossible to control centrally. It it extremely frustrating to find out that you cannot print the excel time sheet from your one drive stored spreadsheet through a web based login on a clients computer on the Friday before the holidays when you really need this signed off before the manager goes on holiday for 4 weeks...
        I don’t care about new improvements that much, what I need is a consistent user interface and functionality because that supports my business. A GUI select mode for compatibility with earlier versions for future releases is what I would put top row on my dear Santa list. I.e. would be great to install office 2016 but get to choose the 2010 interface because one of your major enterprise clients is still using that.

• Chookas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft - this is a real issue and needs fixing. Did you even read this? Seriously amateur hour.

Same problem. New iPad, text becomes invisible unless I hit return. I bought this iPad thinking it would link my iphone, that it would function well with email, and that it would wean me off of Microsoft when I go to replace my laptop which is MS.
        Wrong!
        I have a lot less interest in apple now.
        Frigggin pita having to edit an email using the return key over and over.

I can't get anything to show up I've tried all suggestions. I bought this to o emails.

• Liz Tonnison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text is invisible when typing and only becomes visible when you hit return. As well I am unable to delete and correct text! Extremely annoying

January 15-2015: still "invisible" text when typing calendar appointments (iOS 8 latest patch)

• Steve Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, experience the probllem in Calendar Notes, which is critical as I sync my Outlook Calendar with a proprietary law office management software that need EXACT information in the Note to be able to align the calendar event with its particular file. As I type, I see nothing, nor do deletions disappear. When the screen is scrolled a bit, everything resolves, provided that it has been typed correctly in the blind.
        When standing in front of the Judgeman trying to quickly enter his note about an upcoming event or deadline, I want to be able to see it as I type it so that I know it is entered correctly. Shouldn't be too hard (or take too much time) to fix, I wouldn't think.

I have the same problem. I work around it by hitting return a couple of times and then delete. Driving me nuts.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base