OWA for Android Pre-Release

Welcome to the OWA for Android Suggestion Box!

Looking to install OWA for Android?

Want to see currently supported devices? Filter the list below on “completed”.

Please note that participation here is totally voluntary and the suggestion box is monitored. If your submission isn’t a suggestion, it might be removed. List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the Microsoft product team.

Please don’t send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples, or demos for which you don’t want to grant a license to Microsoft. For more info, see the Terms of Service link below.

1. Improve notifications

Oh Boy, Lots of requests for notifications, I've got another one. I think there needs to be an indicator on the app launch link showing the number of recent emails received. Having the notifications go through the notification center is nice, but I get a lot of emails and am hearing the alert sound every 5 minutes. I'd like to turn that feature off and be able to just look at the phone and see I've got x new emails. I know people with the Iphone have this feature already.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the outlook app you have swipe to schedule - this is very useful. Please include in OWA and Outlook Desktop. Easy way to sched follow up

For sales people the swipe to schedule (to later have the email return to the in box is a very simple and useful way of scheduling a follow up for a prospect. It is in the Outlook app (which I have on my iphone) but not on the OWA app which I am using on my Samsung Tablet (as a replacement for my paper day planner). Also, on my Windows desktop, there is seemingly no similar function (there is flag for follow up but this creates an alarm and not a more subtle return of email to inbox as a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change Notication Sound or Ringtone

Allow changing the sound or ringtone used for email and calendar notification. Each should be able to be different. Reason? Because the default sounds for each is to similar and I keep missing calendar notifications for meetings. The email sound and the calendar sound are just way too much alike.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update please

Please update OWA and release it like IOS. OWA is a far superior app than the Microsoft Outlook application but needs some major updating.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add indicator light function

Would like to see indicator light function added. Realizing that this is a light version of outlook, this small feature would significantly improve the app's business functionality. My company's IT department prohibits connecting with the full version of outlook on personal devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Turn off email notification

It should be possible to turn off email notifications as well as calendar notifications. At our work we normally work with the computers the whole day and don't want/need to have notifications on the phone also. But it is good to have the possibility to turn it on when you are out travelling.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot show shared mail box on android phone

I added Shared mail box in Exchange portal but it is unavailable to show in Android phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy the new outlook app with exchange functionnality (shared calendar, .... )

Copy the new outlook app with exchange functionnality (shared calendar, .... )

the new app outlook, are very good, why don't use this interface and add pro functionnaly ?
    on owa for android pre realase, navigation are ***** !! back phone button close the app =/ Not a good idea to use only app button to navigate.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need to be able to sync only during specified intervals. I want to only sync manually.

I need to be able to sync only during specified intervals. I want to only sync manually.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. want to add another account in owa android pre release

want to add another account in owa android pre release

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better integration with Android. Not a selection in send with menu nor is Office a selection in menus. See Google Docs as a template.

Better integration with Android. OWA not a selection in send with menu nor is Office a selection in menus for storage. Most competitive products are in these menus as well as being able to attach files from other cloud services or locations on phone. See Google Docs as a template

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need notification, sound, and # of new msgs, shown on the icon, and to be able to turn the sound off

Need notification, sound, and # of new msgs, shown on the icon, and to be able to turn the sound off. I need, at a quick glance to see how many new msgs I have.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NOTIFICATIONS

PLEASE enable to turn of email notifications - I don't need my phone vibrating for every email when I am sitting at my laptop - only when I am away from it - it would also be nice to let me have a weekend/holiday without them!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add support for Categories

Please add ability to categorize emails and to see categories assigned to existing emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. notifications

As a user I only wish to receive notifications for my calendar not email. Could these be separated out into 2 one/off toggle switches "Email notifications" and "Calendar notifications". By default have both turned on and be prompted to select your preference after installation?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to bypass certification check

The app is very simple to set but need a option to bypass the certification check on SSL connections because I think that now by this, when the certificate is outdated you can´t connect, and not have a option to say "Its OK, connect also".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inbox synch mode

Inbox synch mode should be optional in how often you want it. Just like you can with other folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I need to be able to see my other contact folders and especially contacts from corporate shared mailboxes!

This is very important. As a business we put our customers in our a shared mailbox contact folder, and our vendors in another one etc. I can see them in outlook, I can see my contact folders in office 365 people, but i can see neither in OWA for android.

For business users with multiple people working in a company this is very important.

Please implement!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Letter index for contacts

When scrolling through contacts, there should be an alphabetic scroll bar on the side so you can jump to a specific letter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send E-mail With a Different Sender

It's possible to send e-mails from one's secondary e-mail address on Office365.com. Please make it possible on OWA too. It limits your productivity if you can't switch to a different e-mail address on your mobile phone.

E.g. My main e-mail address is name@mycompany.com. An e-mail needs to be sent from complaints@mycompany.com. You can do that on office365.com, but not on OWA.

BTW: You can do EXACTLY that with the app from the Office365 competitor that starts with a G. So please make it possible.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OWA for Android Pre-Release

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base